- There are still a lot of serial end devices in diverse plants which are not compatible with PROFIBUS. It is important to integrate these devices to allow communication and data exchange and overcome the system limitations. Serial devices do not usually have their own PROFIBUS field bus interface, typically they will only have an RS232, RS422 or RS485 interface. The gateway XPS-E offers the ability to connect them with the PROFIBUS in a low-cost, easy, quick and reliable way. The same is applicable to MODBUS ASCII and RTU end devices.
- The XPS-E gateway can be easily installed and is distinguished by its user friendliness. External devices, such as a serial configuration tool on a PC, are not required to carry out the configuration. All connections are by D-SUB connectors or spring clip terminals which can all be connected and removed easily. The PROFIBUS station address is set via coding switches. The gateway is designed for DIN rail installation.
- All send and receive sequences of the serial devices are depicted 1:1 on the PROFIBUS. The XPS-E can be easily integrated as a PROFIBUS DP Slave via the generic station description file (GSD) into existing configurations. Thus these devices can be quickly connected to PROFIBUS networks. Furthermore, it is possible to integrate devices with MODBUS ASCII/RTU interface.
- The XPS-E gateway has been established in the market since 1999 and has demonstrated its reliability in countless installations. It offers a wide variety of possibilities for the synchronisation of the serial send and receive data with the PROFIBUS. Our drivers, which can be customised to your special requirements, allow the pre-processing of the data in the gateway. The gateway allows for the cost-efficient integration of serial devices into the PROFIBUS.
- The attractive price, plus the easy and quick integration into PROFIBUS networks as well as the proven reliability in countless installations speak for itself.
- External devices are not required to carry out the configuration
- All connections are by D-SUB connectors or spring clip terminals which can all be connected and removed easily
- All send and receive sequences of the serial devices are depicted 1:1 on the PROFIBUS
- XPS-E has been established in the market for many years and has demonstrated its reliability in countless installations